Hello Carnarvon families,
HERE WE GROW AGAIN!
Thank you all for another successful year of ball! Carnarvon Ball Club just keeps growing! In 2017, we had a record 45 baseball teams and 5 softball teams! In the last three years, our membership has increased by 33%.
While this has given the Carnarvon program direct benefits, such as stronger house competition, better coaching, revenues for park improvements, and a strong community feel, it brings us some new challenges for the upcoming year.
Carnarvon Ball Club is seen as a leader in baseball and softball in Greater Victoria. Keeping pace with the club’s ongoing growth, we are working hard behind the scenes to find a way to effectively communicate with our members. We continually strive to ensure safe and enjoyable parks and playing fields, up-to-date equipment and team uniforms, as well as provide quality coaches who are educated and certified. Paired with the concessions at our parks, it is a welcoming and inclusive setting for families and the community.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Despite significant growth, we are experiencing a decline in the number of volunteers. Our current board members are struggling to maintain the quality of service that our membership has come to expect. As we approach 2018, we are facing increased permit fees, infrastructure maintenance, and retiring board members. As such, it is imperative that we reach out now, before the new year is upon us, to implore our members to become actively involved to ensure that we can keep our program running.
This is a not-for-profit, parent-led volunteer organization and WE NEED YOUR HELP to keep it running smoothly to provide the best experience for everyone involved! Can you volunteer, and help make a difference?
PUT YOUR HAND UP!
There are two types of volunteers that we are in need of:
- Team Volunteer – Help is always required in assisting your child’s team in the various roles that are needed at most practices and every game. These tasks include field prep/ clean-up, scorekeepers, team liaison, and team manager, to name a few. These volunteer roles should be shared by each family fairly throughout the season.
- Park Volunteer – We need park volunteers – a board member, director, coach, coordinator and more. We have numerous positions which are vacant and need to be filled so we can continue to deliver high quality programs. Board positions which need to be filled for the upcoming year include:
- Registrar – Baseball
- Registrar – Softball
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Assistant Treasurer
- VP Senior Baseball
- Director of Sponsorship & Fundraising
- Communications Coordinator
- Events Coordinator – responsible for Opening and Closing Ceremonies
- Umpire in Chief
We also require Division Coordinators for:
- 5U Blastball
- 7U T-Ball
- 9U Tadpole
- 11U Mosquito – filled
- 13U PeeWee
- 15U Bantam
- 18U Midget
Please consider a volunteer commitment to kick off another great year of ball for our amazing community. Put your hand up! Your volunteer time and energy is welcome and truly appreciated by all of our members.
Carnarvon Ball Club